15 quick and easy recipes for cooking chicken drumsticks or ham
Chicken is a product that we use a lot in our homes and both whole to roast in the oven and broken into pieces is a fantastic ingredient. Today we want to give prominence to the legs of this animal with these 15 quick and easy recipes for cooking chicken thighs or ham.
Just like we did by collecting the best recipes with chicken wings, or with the best roasted chicken recipes, today we are going to discover a few ways to prepare chicken drumsticks in stews and roasts with delicious sauces, in these fifteen recipes that have in common its simplicity in the elaboration.
Baked Chicken Thighs
IngredientsFor 4 people
- Chicken thighs 4
- Garlic cloves 4
- Extra virgin olive oil 50 ml
- Dry white wine 50 ml
- Lemon 1
- Dried thyme
- Dried oregano
- Fresh parsley
- Ground black pepper
How to Make Baked Chicken ThighsDifficulty: easy
- Total time 1 h 15 m
- Elaboration 15 m
- Cooking 1 hour
We will start preparing the marinade for the chicken. For that, in a blender glass we toss the peeled garlic cloves, together with the oil and the aromatic herbs, as well as the salt and the pepper. We crush everything with the mixer. We spread the chicken drumsticks with the marinade and place them in a platter, cover them with film and leave them in the fridge for an hour and a half. Once the time passes, we preheat the oven to 190 degrees with heat up and down. We place the chicken thighs in a baking dish along with their marinade. We salt them, add the dry white wine and the juice of half a lemon and bake them for an hour or until they are golden brown to our liking. During baking, it is advisable to turn them over from time to time so that they brown equally on both sides, as well as brushing them with the sauce to prevent them from drying out at any time.
Link to Baked Chicken Thighs Recipe
Chicken thighs with apples and nuts
Ingredients: 4 chicken thighs, 1 apple, 6 pitted prunes, 12 raisins or cranberries, 2 tablespoons pine nuts, 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, 1 onion, 1 leek, 1 glass of chicken broth, a chorreón sweet wine
Preparation: We clean the thighs removing if they had any down or burning them on the fire and mark them in a dish suitable for the oven, until they are slightly golden. We reserve the thighs and fry the finely chopped onion and leek over low heat until they start to caramelize. Reintegrate the thighs and put them in the preheated oven at 180º with heat up and down. We hydrate the prunes and raisins in warm water. When the thighs have been in the oven for 20 minutes, add the plums, the raisins, the sliced almonds and the pine nuts, turning the chicken pieces so that they brown on the other side. We also incorporate the broth and sweet wine and let the chicken cook for another 20 minutes. As we turn the chicken slices, we will get them to brown evenly while they cook and take on the flavors of all the ingredients. Peel the apple and cut it into wedges, to make them look like potatoes for garnish. We add them to our roast and turn the chicken slices again. We leave another ten minutes and gratinate another three minutes more so that the apples that will already be well roasted take a golden color.
Link to the recipe for chicken thighs with apple and nuts
Black beer chicken drumsticks
- Ingredients: 4 chicken thighs, an onion, a dark beer and salt to taste
- Preparation: To make these black beer chicken thighs, we will use the oven, where they will be very tender. First, we season well and brown the chicken legs in a pan so that they are beautiful on all sides. While the chicken is being made, we chop the onion and cook it over low heat, until it is very soft, but without it taking on color. In this operation it will take about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, we will have preheated the oven to 200ºC. In a baking dish, place the poached onion forming a bed. On it we place the four chicken thighs, alternating their position so that they are good and have enough space to bake. We serve the dark beer over the whole and put the source in the oven, leaving the stew to cook for 40 minutes. After 20 minutes when the chicken has browned on one side, we can turn it over to brown on the other side
Link to the recipe for black beer chicken drumsticks
Baked chicken drumsticks with barbecue sauce
Ingredients: 4 chicken thighs, a teaspoon of sweet paprika, half a teaspoon of hot paprika, half a teaspoon of onion powder, 15 ml of honey, 15 ml of balsamic vinegar, 30 ml of ketchup or tomato sauce, 2 cloves of garlic very chopped, tomato concentrate, 5 ml of Worcestershire sauce, 50 ml of chicken broth, vegetables or water, ground black pepper, salt and extra virgin olive oil.
Preparation: Preheat the oven to 180 ºC.Dry the chicken with kitchen paper and remove any possible remains of feathers or excess fat. Let temper a few moments. Whisk all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Season the chicken and season with the granulated garlic, sweet paprika and hot pepper. Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan or casserole, better if you can then take it to the oven - cast iron skillet type and brown the thighs, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Take to a source -if you can't use the pan- and add the sauce on top, mixing well. Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover, turn the pieces, cover again and bake 15-20 more minutes. Remove the chicken and keep in a covered dish. Break down the remaining sauce by adding water or white wine, if necessary, to the fire. Cook, stirring constantly, scratching the bottom with a wooden spoon or spatula, until it thickens. Serve the chicken with this sauce reduced by enicma.
Link to the recipe for baked chicken drumsticks with barbecue sauce.
Chicken drumsticks with soy sauce and orange
- Ingredients: 4 chicken thighs with skin, juice of two oranges, 100ml of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of cornstarch, 1/4 medium onion, 1 teaspoon of orange zest, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of honey and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Preparation: The preparation of these thighs is actually quite simple and we will start by heating the olive oil in a pan large enough to fit all four thighs. We place the latter in the pan, skin side down. Let them brown (over medium heat) for about 6 to 8 minutes, until the skin is crisp. Then turn the thighs and leave them for another 8 minutes, now with the skin up. The idea is that they are golden on both sides. Now we will prepare the sauce by pouring the other tablespoon of olive oil into a pot. Finely chop the onion and fry for a couple of minutes. Then we add the orange juice, soy sauce and stir. Add the sugar, honey, orange zest, salt and pepper to taste. Dissolve the cornstarch in a tablespoon of warm water and pour it into the preparation. Always with the pot on the fire we stir until it thickens slightly. We place the thighs in a pan and empty the sauce. Bake at 180ºC for about 25 minutes. During cooking, I recommend pouring sauce a couple of times over the thighs with a spoon and without burning.
Link to recipe for chicken thighs with soy sauce and orange
Chicken drumsticks with creamy persimmon kaki sauce
Ingredients: 4 chicken thighs, 2 persimmon persimmons, 2 juice oranges, 1 onion, salt and pepper to taste.
Preparation: To make the chicken thighs with a creamy kaki sauce, we start by chopping one of the kakis after peeling it. On the other hand, we make juice with two oranges and put everything in the blender glass. Crush and reserve the sauce. We also chop the onion and cook until it is poached. We reserve. Finally, we also brown the chicken thighs, carefully so that they take color on all their faces. With all the ingredients ready, we take out the baking dish. We place the chicken thighs and the poached onion in the oven dish and cover with half of the orange and kaki sauce, baking at 180º for 40 minutes with heat up and down. After 20 minutes we turn the slices and finish adding the rest of the sauce and gratin for 5 minutes. In that time we cut four very thin slices of the other persimmon and chop the rest. We serve the chicken thighs placing each one on a slice of kaki and with a couple of tablespoons of sauce serving the rest in a sauce boat for those who want to repeat.
Link to recipe for chicken thighs with creamy persimmon kaki sauce
Chicken thighs in tomato sauce with basil
- Ingredients: 4 chicken thighs, 4 ripe tomatoes, basil, Provencal spices, garlic clove, black pepper, extra virgin olive oil and salt
- Preparation: To make the tomato sauce, fry the tomatoes cut into segments in a high saucepan with three tablespoons of olive oil and the minced garlic clove. After 30 minutes over very low heat, crush the tomatoes with a spoon to release all their juice and season them with the pepper, aromatic herbs and basil. We allow another 10 minutes to continue. Then we pass it through a mash to obtain a delicious spicy tomato sauce with which we will cook the thighs. Before stewing the thighs with the tomato, we cook them on the grill over low heat for 8 minutes until their surface is well browned. Add the spicy tomato sauce, a few leaves of rosemary and thyme sprinkled on top and let the thighs cook for 20 minutes, turning them from time to time. To do this, we cover the saucepan so that the tomato does not splash and does not reduce too much by evaporation. The concentrated flavor of that tomato sauce will impregnate the meat of the chicken that is cooked in it, with a spectacular result.
Link to the recipe for chicken thighs in tomato sauce with basil