The five most wanted ice creams on the Internet and their easiest and most delicious recipes
There is no law that prevents us from enjoying ice cream all year round, but there is no denying that it is in the summer when they most want, and when they are most wanted! I don't know if you can talk about a boom of ice cream, but it is clear that there is an increasing supply of both artisan and industrial products, and many more people are encouraged to prepare them at home. Do you know what are the most wanted ice creams on the Internet?
Leading the list of the most desired ice creams are two classics that seem to survive without dying, year after year, generation after generation. Along with them, a variety has emerged as a result of the recent expansion of certain franchises, and we also find a healthier ice cream that is in fashion. And closing the top, another traditional ice cream that also serves as a base for a multitude of flavors. Here we have gathered them all to enjoy them at home.
1. Chocolate ice cream
It is said that it is a children's favorite although in my family it was never the most wanted of the ice cream parlor, unless it came with some special extra. There are many ways to prepare a rich chocolate ice cream but it is worth investing in good quality cocoa or chocolate to get a really irresistible ice cream.
The best recipe that we have selected for chocolate ice cream can be prepared with and without Thermomix, and although it has a touch of coffee we can do without it if we are looking for the maximum purity of cocoa.
- Ingredients. 250 g of dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa), 1 tablespoon of soluble coffee (optional, can be decaffeinated), 500 ml of milk, 100 g of sugar, 4 egg yolks, 40 g of pasteurized egg white.
- Elaboration. We start by grating 50 g of chocolate with the help of a vegetable peeler or a knife. We wrap them in aluminum foil and store in the freezer. Grate the chocolate and soluble coffee with a food processor. If we do it with the Thermomix we grate 8 sec / speed 8. In a saucepan we put the milk, the sugar, the yolks and the mixture of chocolate and coffee. We put it on low heat and stir until it thickens. With the Thermomix 5 min / 60ºC / speed 5. We let the temperature drop a little and pour the mixture into ice cube trays. We leave them in the freezer for at least 4 hours. Just before serving, we beat the ice cream in cubes with the pasteurized whites. In the Thermomix we beat 40 sec / speed 5´5. Pour into ice cream cups and serve with the chocolate shavings.
If you are very chocolatiers you will love the recipe for triple chocolate ice cream with cookies, with cocoa powder, milk chocolate and white chocolate, plus the crunchy touch of cookies with chocolate chips. The chocolate lollies are less complicated, very creamy and for which you do not need a refrigerator.
2. Vanilla ice cream
Another of the most traditional flavors that everyone likes, the great joker that combines so well with any other flavor and that crowns a multitude of desserts, smoothies or coffees. Good vanilla ice cream is recognized by its slightly pale color, the vanilla black dots and its delicate creaminess.
The recipe that we propose is ideal for everyone to prepare at home, it is done in 10 minutes and does not need any special equipment.
- Ingredients. 500 ml of whipping cream, 15 ml of natural vanilla essence or the pulp of 1 pod, 400 g of condensed milk.
- Elaboration. We start assembling the cream with electric rods. To facilitate the task, the cream must be very cold or, otherwise, it will not mount. If we put it in the freezer 15 minutes before assembling it, together with the container in which we are going to assemble it, the thing will be to sew and sing. Once the cream is assembled, we incorporate the vanilla and the condensed milk. We remove with a spatula with enveloping movements so that the cream does not drop, until obtaining a homogeneous and creamy mass. Pour it into a container and leave it in the freezer for 5-6 hours before serving.
In this recipe for creamy vanilla ice cream and chocolate topping we have another creamy base that can be used to prepare in a refrigerator, Thermomix or by hand, pouring it into a large container to form balls instead of using molds.
3. Yogurt ice cream
Yogurt is experiencing a new youth by becoming fashionable as a healthy food. Without being a magical product, its consumption is full of benefits, but it is also a delicious ingredient to prepare cold desserts. It is also a trend for the rise of frozen yogurt, which, let's not forget, are still desserts with their corresponding amount of sugar. It is one of my favorite flavors of a lifetime because it combines wonderfully with fresh fruits.
This recipe for frozen yogurt or frozen yogurt has nothing to envy those franchises, although I recommend using a real Greek yogurt - without cream or added thickeners - and better natural, to get used to having sweets without so much sugar.
- Ingredients. 575 g of natural or sugary Greek yogurt, 30 g of soft flower honey, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or the pulp of a natural pod.
- Elaboration. We pour the Greek yogurts in a jar, removing the excess whey together with the honey and the vanilla. We stir with a few rods until obtaining a light and homogeneous cream. We go to a container and freeze. To make this ice cream by hand we must stir the mixture from time to time or simply pour it into the ice cream maker and let it cook for about 20 minutes. Once ready, cover it with baking paper and close tightly. If we use Greek yogurts without sugar, we can double the amount of honey, and if we prefer to change it for sugar, we will put in the mixture about 100 g.
On this basis we can add pieces of fresh or frozen fruit, fruit puree, chocolate chips, cookie pieces or whatever we can think of. We also have other yogurt ice cream recipes, such as Greek yogurt ice cream with strawberries, semi-cold cherry, blueberry and yogurt, red fruit yogurt ice cream or refreshing Greek yogurt ice cream with lime and cardamom.
4. Banana ice cream
In the typical menu of ice cream parlors there has always been the banana split, but the banana ice cream per se was not so common. That has changed in recent years with the trend of healthier alternatives to industrial ice creams, as frozen banana is a magic ingredient for indulging yourself.
Our two-ingredient banana ice cream recipe is a marvel for its simplicity that can even be reduced to a single component: frozen ripe banana. From this base you can play by adding other fruits, chocolate or pure cocoa, another nut cream or whatever you can think of.
- Ingredients. 2 large, ripe bananas, 20 ml of natural peanut butter.
- Elaboration. Bananas must already be near the limit to eat them naturally, somewhat soft to the touch and with many spots on the skin on the outside. We can actually let them ripen even more, they will be sweeter and more fragrant. Peel and cut into slices. Freeze in a freezer bag or airtight container for at least two hours. After that time, place in the glass of a good mixer or food processor. Start shredding at high speed in short streaks of time, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking, until it has a slightly creamy texture. Add the peanut butter or cream and crush everything together, until you get the desired creamy texture. It can be served directly or returned to the freezer in an airtight container to solidify slightly, between 30 minutes and an hour.
If you are looking for a more “authentic” ice cream recipe to indulge yourself, this banana ice cream with nuts will delight you, with its traditional base of milk, cream and egg yolk. We also have another, more exotic variant, banana and coconut milk ice cream.
5. Ice cream
And lastly, the classic, simple and infallible cream ice cream awaits us. It sounds a bit old because nowadays it is used more as a base to enrich it with other ingredients, but it still resists on the counters of traditional ice cream parlors. By itself it may seem too simple, but combining a scoop of cream ice cream with other flavors makes for delicious glasses.
If you want to recover that flavor of iced sweet cream, you can use this basic recipe substituting crème fraîche for pure whipping cream, dispensing with lemon if you don't feel like adding any extra flavor.
- Ingredients. 500 g of whipping cream, 170 ml of milk, 145 g of sugar, zest of one lemon (optional).
- Elaboration. We will begin by mixing the milk and sugar in a bowl, stirring with some rods until the latter dissolves. Let the mixture rest for ten minutes and stir again. Add the previously semi-whipped cream and the lemon zest and add until all the ingredients are mixed and a smooth mixture remains. Now if we have an ice cream maker we will start it up following the instructions. If you do not have to freeze the mixture in an airtight container for an hour, remove from the freezer and stir to undo the crystals. Repeat this operation three more times until it is solid.
Other variants to cream ice cream are recipes such as this honey ice cream with walnuts or pistachio ice cream, in which cream plays a main role. It is also a great ice cream to cut into rectangular portions, as if it were a semi-cold, and to fill cookies or biscuits.
Is your favorite flavor among any of the five most wanted ice creams on the Internet? It would be interesting to know if they are also the most requested in ice cream parlors, but with these recipes we have it much easier preparing them at home. Does anyone dare to assemble a cup with one ball each? Of course, better to share, we do not want to empacharnos.Tags: Meats And Birds Desserts Vegetables And Legumes