Minced meat dumplings: Paraguayan recipe
My kids love dumplings so much that I never make enough. Although I usually buy the made dough and fill it only with tomato, egg, tuna and olives, this time I have also made the dough. This recipe for Paraguayan minced meat dumplings seemed great to vary a bit and I was not mistaken.
Ideally, prepare more than necessary and freeze some, without frying. When you need them you just have to pour them directly into boiling oil, this way you will be able to get ahead with work, which always comes in handy, especially if it is for dinner.
IngredientsFor 18 units
- Wheat flour (for the dough) 500 g
- Egg (for the dough) 1
- Extra virgin olive oil (for the dough) 2 tablespoons
- Milk (for the dough) 2 tablespoons
- Salt (for the dough) 1 teaspoon
- Large onion (for the filling) 1
- Minced pork (for the filling) 500 g
- Green pepper (for filling) 1
- Ground cumin (for the filling) a pinch
- Chopped garlic (for the filling) 3
- Chopped fresh parsley (for the filling)
- Hard boiled egg (for filling) 1
- Stuffed olives (for the filling) 1 bottle
How to make minced meat dumplingsDifficulty: easy
- Total time 1 h 30 m
- Elaboration 1 h 30 m
We start by preparing the dough for the dumplings, for this we put the flour in a container, make a hole in the center and put the egg, salt, oil and milk in it. Knead until everything is united.
We stretch the dough with the help of a rolling pin until it is very fine. With a circular cookie cutter we are cutting the discs and on top of each one we will put a tablespoon of filling. We close, seal with a fork and fry in plenty of hot oil.
To make the filling, chop the onion and fry it, add the pepper, garlic and parsley and when everything is confit add the meat and season. We chop the egg and the olives and when the meat is cold we mix everything.
With what to accompany the minced meat dumplings
At home we really like having empanadillas for dinner, especially this recipe for Paraguayan empanadas with minced meat is quite complete, so with a salad you will get a very complete dinner. Of course, the leftovers are just as good the next day, but if you prefer them hot, just give them a touch of the oven.Tags: Fish Desserts Vegetables And Legumes