Children's cake of pigs in the mud, the recipe with which you will succeed before the little ones
What better gift can a lover of pastry make for a birthday boy? Bingo! A cake that will leave you speechless, like this nice children's cake with pigs in a swamp.
In addition, you already know that children are very grateful for these things and are not usually as demanding with details as we are. Surely they will only see that there are pigs in a chocolate pool without looking at whether they are perfectly executed and if they have also been able to help you prepare it, I assure you that their happiness will be complete.
IngredientsFor 6 people
- Butter at room temperature (for the cake) 200 g
- Chopped dark chocolate (for the cake) 150 g
- Sugar (for the cake) 180 g
- Hot water (for the cake) 250 ml
- Coffee liquor (for the cake) 80 ml
- Soluble coffee (for the cake) 1 tablespoon
- Pastry flour (for the cake) 260 g
- Chemical yeast (for the cake) 1 sachet
- Cocoa powder (for the cake) 25 g
- Lightly beaten eggs (for the sponge cake) 2
- Fondant chocolate with 55% cocoa (for topping) 900 g
- Liquid cream to assemble with 35% MG (for coverage) 900 g
- Pink fondant (for decoration)
- Green fondant (for decoration)
- Chocolate bars (for decoration)
- Candy flowers (for decoration)
How to make children's cake with pigs in the mudDifficulty: easy
- Total time 3 h 30 m
- Elaboration 2 h
- Cooking 1 h 30 m
We start by preparing the cake. For this we grease a round and deep mold and reserve it. We heat the oven to 180ºC. In a saucepan, mix the butter, chocolate, sugar, water, coffee liqueur and coffee powder.
With a wooden spoon stir the mixture over low heat, until the chocolate melts. We let it cool and transfer it to a large bowl. We sift the flour, yeast and cocoa and add the previous mixture. Finally, add the eggs and beat everything.
Pour the dough into the reserved mold and cook it for about an hour and a half. If it gets too brown, we can cover it with aluminum foil. We let it cool, remove it from the mold and break it into three layers.
To prepare the chocolate coating, we put the cream on the fire without boiling it. We remove it from the heat and add the chopped chocolate, stirring until it melts completely. Let cool well before use.
We model some little pigs with the pink fondant. We trim the green fondant to form the grass. We place one of the cake layers on a tray and cover it with the chocolate coating. We repeat until finished, also covering the sides of the cake.
We have the chocolate bars around the cake, then the green fondant forming the grass and we put the pigs on top, arranging them as if they were bathing in the mud.