Cucumber, salmon and onion seed uramaki
The uramaki is the inverted sushi, it is called that precisely for that reason, because the nori seaweed instead of going on the outside goes inside and is usually covered with flying fish roe, sesame seeds or other ingredients. In this case we have a uramaki of cucumber, salmon and onion seeds.
- 300 g of sushi rice, 350 ml of water, 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of sugar and 4 sheets of nori seaweed.
- For the filling, 1 cucumber, 100 g of salmon and onion seeds.
- To accompany, soy sauce, wasabi and pickled ginger.
How to Make Cucumber, Salmon, and Onion Seed Inverted Sushi
We prepare the rice, generally the instructions come if we buy the kits to make sushi, if you cannot follow these instructions:
- Make the seasoning first. Heat the vinegar and dissolve the salt and sugar. Reservation.
- Wash the sushi rice until the water runs clear. Then put it with the water to soak for 10 minutes and put it to cook. When it begins to boil, leave it covered for another 10 minutes over low heat and finally leave it for another 15 minutes without uncovering.
- We continue later incorporating the seasoning, mixing it well and fanning while we mix to cool the rice as soon as possible. And we will have our rice prepared.
To make the uramaki. We put the nori seaweed on top of the mat and rice, leaving 2 cm from the end without filling. We sprinkle the onion seeds and turn.
We put the ingredients lengthwise and roll while pressing. Finally we cut the maki and plate it.
Processing time | 1 hour colder
Difficulty | Half
As always, in that I am very traditional, I like to serve sushi, and this cucumber and salmon uramaki will not be less, with soy sauce, wasabi and a little pickled ginger.